Barnwood Chic

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

From Fort Meyers to Clearwater


The weather so far has been fantastic. We`ve had almost no rain at all so far (though that won’t continue much longer) and the lowest temp we ever got was like 55. Usually it`s in the mid to low 80`s. However the culture thing hasn`t been to bad. Where I`m currently at is a lot like home – except there aren`t any mountains or even hills anywhere here. In some places it`s even below sea level. I have to pretend that the clouds in the distance are my mountains. From what I hear though the further north you go the more south you get.

Since going into the MTC I`ve read the Book of Mormon(BOM) 3 times and am going through it a chapter a day again now as well. I have also read all of D&C and the PoGP and the NT and am now going through the OT a chapter a day as well. Amazing just how much everything makes sense and fits together after you`ve read through it all. I`ve also been reading through Jesus the Christ which is another phenomenal book that I would highly recommend if you haven`t read it yet.

I`ve been out only 5 months now and learned more probably than I would have in my entire life time. There is no substitute for what this brings. My favorite conference talks were by Elder Craig A Cardon in the morning session on Saturday, The Elder David A Bednar talk on Saturday evening, the Elder David A Beck talk from Priesthood Session, As well as Elder Holland, Hales, President Uchtdorf, and President Monson from Sunday.

I`ve been transferred up to an area called Clearwater. It`s in the St. Pete area. The new area is awesome:) I love the people here a lot:) They are just as great as the ones back home. There are some families here that I already especially like. I've had jokes of all sorts played on me and lots of crazy stuff! :) My comp is really cool as well. We get along well and work hard!! :) The car situation is still the same, yes, except they`ve already used most of the miles so far for this month so we won’t be using it much until week 2 of May. Means lots of bike riding. The living conditions are much better than my last area and I’m getting along well. I Love You Mom:)

No comments:

Post a Comment